Sunday, January 29, 2006

There gonna put me in the movies . . . .


There gonna make a big star out of me. That's what Buck Owens said. Not necessarily true for The Nadas, but we did spend a few days last week, shaking hands and rubbing elbows at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. I went for the first time last year (that's where I met Benjamin Wagner. ) to do some freelancing for MTV News.
I was so inspired last year that I knew we needed to go this year. We were lucky enough to get invited by the Star Bar on main street. The epicenter for music the entire festival. ASCAP had showcases there everyday, and there were parties at night. We got to see artists who we admire from afar . . . . Martin Sexton , and Schuyler Fisk and artists we call friends . . . . Matt Moon , Kristin Hoffmann , and Arthur Lee. There is an incredible creative energy all around and you can't help but want to be a part of it. With all if this music Mike and I were only able to make it to one screening. It was called Princesas. I hope it makes it to a theater near you. It probably won't, but I hope it does.

Next year we are talking about doing it up right. So make your travel plans now. It will be a big Authentic Records
party at Sundance, and you are all invited.

So, no movie offers yet, but a cool experience none the less. And rumor has it we did make a fleeting appearance in a film that was being screened in Park City by our friend Chad Calek. And who knows, we passed enough music out to people that maybe someone will decide to use some music in a film. In the mean time I hope you all include us on the soundtrack of your home movies. If you do send us a copy. I love other peoples home movies. . . . . .



1 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I love the song Hallelujah! It was my theme song for Valentine's Day!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home