Thursday, March 08, 2007

Weekly Blah Blah #30807

From: tyler@thenadas.com
Date: March 6, 2007 5:53:25 PM CST
To: Jason Walsmith - The Nadas
Subject: Edit and send (blah blah)

So . . . . editors note . . . . I am an idiot. Tyler wrote this up and asked me to send it so you knew what was happening this week. Because I didn't send until 2 days later you missed Brother Trucker last night. My fault, I am sorry and you missed a great show)

Hi, party kids. It's The Doctor here. I hope everyone is doing well and gearing up for SXSW (That's South by Southwest). It should be a darn good time. I hope you can join us in Austin for what is always one of the biggest parties of the year - in the ENTIRE WORLD. We're loading up Meatloaf on Tuesday night and heading down for a full week of music.

We have our own party on Saturday, March 17 from 12:00PM - 5:00PM. If you're going to be in Austin, just click on this cool link ( this one - http://www.bosmusic.com/sxsw07 ) and get an invite. Our friends Dick Prall, the Josh Davis Band, and the Tyler Thompson Band will also be partying with us. So come out and enjoy warm, sunny Austin with your friends from Authentic Records.

This is the information that I sent to our group. It might help you too in your preparation for the journey.

LEAVE TIME: We will be meeting at the bus barn at 10:00PM on Tuesday, March 13. This should get us to Austin by approx 1:30PM on Wednesday.

DRIVERS: Hey, there's five of us. I'm sure we can each handle a normal shift.

RETURN TIME: We will leave Austin at approximately 10:00AM on Sunday, March 18.

BANDS: Figure out who you CANNOT miss - http://2007.sxsw.com/music/showcases/date/2007-03-13.html
Or decide which cool party to hit during the day - http://2007.sxsw.com/music/parties/

BATS: I've been to Austin a few times now but still have yet to check out the bats. This year, that changes - http://www.io.com/house/batstory.html

BBQ: Yes, there will be a trip for those interested to a family-style, sit down, bucket o' beer bbq meal. Prepare for the meat sweats - http://www.saltlickbbq.com/

WEATHER: Awesome. Seriously, upper 70s and sunshine. Keep up to date and dress
accordingly - http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/78701?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

AUSTIN - Certainly there's more to Austin than SXSW. Learn more and strike up a
conversation with the locals - http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/library/ahc/briefhistory.htm

BECAUSE - www.beforethemusicdies.com

CLEAN BUS - A trip in the bus is better when it's clean. Let me know if you are able to help clean the bus at 3PM this Sunday. The more the merrier, or at least the less time it will take to clean it up a bit. Location TBA.

"But, Doctor," you ask, "what about THIS week?" Sure, you might be looking for some entertainment during this brief Nadas hiatus. So this week come party with The Doctor. Interested? Here's where you can find me:

Wednesday - Brother Trucker at El Bait Shop in downtown Des Moines. It's a great way to start the weekend - grab a couple of fish tacos, sip on an adult beverage, and embrace the ROCKIN' show that Andy and the boys put on for FREE.

Thursday - The Tyler Thompson Band at Shooter's Hideaway just west of 63rd on Hickman. I'm looking forward to this. It's only $5 and TTB will not disappoint. Plus, they're joined this week by Johnny Reeferseed and the High Rollers and The Soapbox Prophets. Show starts at 9.

Friday - My liver may be upset with me, but that won't keep me from heading out to Keysters for Randy Burk and the Prisoners. Only $6. Let me tell you something, I almost never dance and I rarely drink beer. But at Prisoners' shows, I do 'em both. Of course the beer will be joined by a short guy of Temp Rye.

Saturday I'll be under heavy sedation, recovering, preparing for . . .

Sunday Funday - Mike Rockin' Butterworth at AK O'Connors in Beaverdale. FREE. Enough said.

And that's just so I can get warmed up for South by Southwest. Hope to see you soon.

Love and warm Texas weather,
The Nadas


QOTW: Which ONE band do we absolutely have to see while we're in Austin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home